Sunday, June 7, 2009

Packing for alaska!

OK so really how the heck do you pack for a trip to Alaska in the summer? So people have told me its is still chilly so you have to bring sweaters and jeans etc. then others say oh just wear t-shirt and shorts or capris. Then there is the issue of the cruise dress attire. They say in the book to wear resort type clothing... what the heck is that? and then it might be sunny but it might rain everyday so uggh! what to pack? Despite the fact the we don't leave until Thursday night I will have children three out of the four days this week before we go so I have got to get started. I am very very excited about going and spending time with my family and some with just Jason and I but I think I will miss Tolson terribly.

I went to Michelle's yesterday and we braved Wal-mart (ugh) to get some stuff for the trip and then took turns coloring each others hair. Now I am not one to lie about it but really I do color my hair sometimes and really its just getting it back to the color it used to be before I had kids and my hair completely changed. so yes I colored my hair. I am still hopping to cut it again before we leave so I can look fabulous for all the pictures.

But on to more heartfelt matters, a dear friend of ours passed away this week. I don't even know what to say about it except that my heart goes out to his wonderful wife and family. He lived an amazing life of service and love for his family and all those he met. He was not young but not old either. He has traveled the world and held grand kids on his lap while he reads a story. It is a tragedy that he died so young but it is a blessing that he lived such a full life and that he filled it with the right kinds of things. I think that anytime someone dies it makes me really take a look at my life and what is really important. I hope that I never lose sight of the most important things in my life.

I am grateful for...
1. The life I have been given and the agency to do with it what I want.
2. Being sealed to my husband and family for eternity!!!!!
3. Having known and been included in Walter Holmes Family
4. my health
5. Being able to focus on my many blessings.

Count your many blessings name them one by one....

1 comment:

  1. ooooh...so do tell me about your favorite thrift shop! And, sorry about the funeral. THey announced it in our ward today, and I remember that you knew this family and wonderful man. Have fun on your cruise!
    Love you
    brandi

    ReplyDelete