Monday, May 10, 2010

Motherhood!

Yesterday was Mothers Day, a day to celebrate our moms and thank them for being the best moms they can be and for doing so much for us. I love my mom and all the other moms I have had in my life. I love my sisters and the great examples of motherhood that they are to me..... But I want to celebrate the blessing of BEING a mom! I love this job more then anything else I have done. It is the greatest blessing to me. Growing up I was never very good at anything. I played soccer and was OK, I sang in the choir and was OK, I was just OK in school and was mostly just OK with being OK. I hope you all don't take this the wrong way but I feel like I am actually GOOD at being a mom. Not to say I am perfect or that I know everything or am the best there is out there but I feel like I excel in this area. I know I only have one child and he is three so we are far from seeing how I am really doing but I love being a mom. I love the feeling of being needed and that I can make everything better. I love reading with Tolson at night and rocking and holding him before bed. I love letting him help me with whatever I am working on. I love that for the past 3 years I have been watching other kids in my home and feel like I have done a great job with them (which is hard some days since they aren't my kids)
This may sound a bit proud to you all but I really feel that I have been blessed with the talent to be a good care giver and friend and mother to my little boy and whoever else I will be blessed with. I am sure after saying that my next child will be a difficult one but I guess I will just have to take what I can get and love it.
I know there are lots of you out there that are struggling with fertility issues or with difficult children or with the possibility of never having a family and I don't know what to say to you. I have no idea how you feel and I am hoping that I will not offend. I have had my own issues with child bearing and feeling hopeless. I am sorry and I hope that the Lord will comfort you and bless you with what you need.
I still just want to say how blessed and grateful I am for the privilege I have to be a mother. There is no job, no calling, no accomplishment that I feel will be more fulfilling then that of being a mother. I hope I will keep learning and keep loving and keep trying to be the very best mother I can. Take time today to hug your kids and feel the joy and blessing it is to be a mother!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are a great mother too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your tender and thoughtful words! It is a pretty amazing thing to be a mom...even on the really tough days!!

    ReplyDelete