Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ravioli!



OK so this week I tried again to make homemade Ravioli. I love pasta and especially filled pasta. Mine did not look this good but I wanted to post some kind of picture so here you go. I have tried to make this before and it turned out ok. I made the pasta dough and tried to roll it out thin enough and it worked great but then when you put the two layers together it made them kinda thick and chewy so I had heard that if you use wonton wrappers it works great so I tried it and I don't think it is worth the effort. Jason and Tolson ate it up and said they liked it but I didn't love it. I did make an amazing sauce though that I will have to do again. It was a creamy tomato sauce. YUMMY!!! so decidedly I will just have to buy my stuffed pasta until I can get a pasta roller and ravioli mold and than maybe I will try again. It is so fun to try new things in my Kitchen though. I love to cook and share the fun things I make with my family. so I consider this attempt not a flopp (cuz I created a really good sauce) but not really a success either! oh well there is always next time.

Now to try a sweet Hawaiian bread...... Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment