Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sad Goodbye!

Ok so last Sunday I got released from my calling in Young Women's. (at least that's what I hear, I wasn't there) I have been serving in the YW's program for almost 5 years. I have loved it and will miss it greatly. There is something about being with the youth of the church that gives me strength. They have to deal with so much and are so faithful. They are amazingly talented in so many ways. It is very fun to do activities with them and learn new things. I loved teaching as it gave me an opportunity to constantly be reminded of the things I can do to be better. I am very sad I will miss girls camp this year. (well maybe, you never know) I am going to miss being with them every Sunday and will miss their sweet smiles and hugs. but alas.....

I will get to go to Relief society again and get to actually know whats going on in the ward. I won't have to leave my house every wed night and I won't have to prepare a lesson every week. Don't get me wrong I didn't mind those things I just will enjoy not doing them for a while.

I was not surprised by this release as I figured when Jason leaves for the BP academy I would be released anyway. It will be nice to be home with him every night for a little while before he leaves. For those of you that are not on facebook Jason has finished all of his initial application process and is now ready to be approved for hire and given an assignment. We don't know how soon that will be or how much warning we will have so we are a little nervous about him getting a call and having to leave in two weeks or something but I hope it will be a little more then that. We have been waiting for this for a long time but now that it is closer, its a little scary! (and exciting!!!)

Well goodbye to my beautiful young women and the amazing group of women that I have been able to work with. I hope that you will still say hi to me in the halls and give me hugs and smiles when you see me. I will miss you greatly!

3 comments:

  1. We're going to miss you! Don't become a stranger!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you will be missed because I know the young women adored you. You were released, and a new calling was issued. =) I was thinking "We just talked about this! I hope she knows about her new calling!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, when you do find out where he is, and if it is far away... are you going to seel your house? Or what's your plan? I know I hardly see you, but I will miss you!

    ReplyDelete