Thursday, October 1, 2009

COOKIES!!!!!!


Ok so I have been wanting to make these cookies for several weeks but have never gotten to it. They are the Land-O-Lakes chewy chocolate chip cookies, and can I just say YUMMY! so I decided to share this great recipe with you all. I know you are thinking they are just chocolate chip cookies but they have a lot more butter and sugar in them then most and they are chewy and yummy! So here you go!
CHEWY JUMBO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
4 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups real butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbs vanilla
1 12 oz package of chocolate chips (2 cups)
Preheat oven to 375. Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside, Combine butter and sugars and beat at medium, scraping sides, until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Continue beating, scrapping bowl, until well mixed. Gradually add flour at a low speed until well mixed. Stir in chips. Drop by the 1/4 cupfuls, 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-14 min. Let stand on the sheet for 2 min then put them on a cooling rack. mmmmmmmm!!! My cousin that gave this recipe to me swears by parchment paper and says it makes all the difference but I have never tried it. Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. They look heavenly! I'll have to try them next time I'm 'needing' chocolate chip cookies!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bad angel on my shoulder: mmmm....I always need chocolate chip cookies.

    The good angel on my shoulder: no, you don't.

    The bad angel: YES. I. NEED. THOSE...(interrupted by the good angel)

    The good angel: on second thought I do need those.

    looks like cookies!
    love you Bird

    ReplyDelete