Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week 4


Monday - Recovered from our weekend trip. We went to Hobby Lobby for the first time and got some groceries. Nothing new or exciting. Had FHE after dinner and I worked out. good day but nothing exciting.
Tuesday - We went to story time which the kids love and I got some books I had reserved. I really have missed reading and am anxious to get going again. I can only check out books for two weeks here so I better read fast. Lost another fish and the other two are on their way out as well. I think we need to get some PH balance stuff for our tank and see what we can do to help our fish survive for more then two weeks.

Wednesday - We had play group here at our apartment play ground.  I really should have added a picture of it because it is three stories high.  Well not three actual stories but three levels.  The kids had a great time and the moms tried not to have heart attacks from them being up so high.  I am so glad that both branches on the north side of town do this so I can get to know some other sister in the area that aren't in our branch.  The kids have fun and the moms talk.  went swimming at our great splash pool again. I am sure you are going to be hearing that a LOT this summer. 

Thursday - The kids and I went shopping to try to find shoes for Adalee.  didn't find anything but had fun anyway!  We also got some water conditioner stuff for the fish tank.  We will hope that we can figure this out and stop being fish killers. After the kids were in bed my neighbor and I went out shopping.  It was nice not to go with the kids and not to go by myself after dark.  I am sure I would be perfectly safe but its a good excuse to have a friend come with you.  We had a fun and I bought a really cute skirt(even though I was looking for shoes). 

Friday - Had a good day not really doing much.  Tried to clean the house a bit since we had a sitter coming over.  Then in the afternoon we went to the pool.  The kids had fun but Adalee tripped on her towel and did a face plant.  She now had a nice scab on her nose and upper lip.  Poor girl.  Still stinking cute though.  Then Jason and I went on a date.  It has been a long time since we did and it was so nice.  Our downstairs neighbors babysat for us (we are going to trade) so we went to dinner at the local Mexican Hamburger place.  It was so good.  the menu was even in Spanish but we figured it out.  The waitress knew enough English and we knew enough Spanish to get by.  The funny part was that I guess on Mexican burgers they put ham. (It is a HAMburger after all) Anyway it was good.  Then we went to see Hunger Games and had some Frozen yogurt I showed Jason what HEB is all about and then we headed home.  What a fun and great night.  Too bad it ended horribly!  I was up ALL night throwing up form the awesome food we had.  Its really too bad to because it was good and inexpensive.  Oh well, Live and learn. 

Sat - Nothing too exciting since I was still not doing well.  Jason was wonderful and got up with the kids and let me sleep until 10 then I just layed around and the kids played.  Jason went for a bike ride on a trail he found at the bike shop here.  He said it was a good and challenging ride (which is what he likes)  anyway we just ran some errands and watched a movie at home so I didn't have to think about or do anything. 

Sunday was good!  Still no callings.  There are rumors that they will be changing the branches brck to English and Spanish branches but we don't know anything for sure yet.  They did have an English RS this week so that was good.  A nice easy low key Sunday!  Always good. 

I hope you all are doing well and don't mind reading my ramblings.  We love and miss our family and friends back home but are making new ones here and do feel very welcome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment